Our School has had committed principals over the last 70 years reflecting the father’s continued commitment to education:
|2014 to date||
Dr. Bro. Thomas Vaz S.J.
Bro. Vaz took over as the principal of the school from the academic year 2014. he was earlier the Vice-Principal of the school
|1998 – 2014||
Dr. Fr. Francis Swamy S.J.
Dr. Fr. Francis Swamy was amongst our longest serving principals. He is now the Manager at St. Xaviers High School, Fort
|1995 – 1998
1982 – 1986
1977 – 1980
Fr. Joaquim Mascarenhas S.J.
Handsome, tough and meticulous to the smallest detail. Academics, sports and everything else went on improving. Jesuit educational policies at about this time began to change.
|1991 – 1995||
Fr. Tony Fonseca S.J.
The sports loving, silver-haired maths genius, was busy putting HFHS on the sports map of Bombay. But he also made teh school a memorable and lively place to be in, with innovative co-curricular activities, and his personal touch.
|1988 – 1991||
Fr. Francis Gonsalves S.J.
He had an important role in opening of the Marathi section. He literally carried the school on his shoulders to Mahakali road, to its new and spacious premises, with grounds and a stadium!
|1986 – 1988||
Fr. Edmund Carassco S.J.
The gentle, kind, singing Principal. With him the high standards came to be maintained through his foresight and detailed planning.
|1980 – 1982||
Fr. Saby Fernandes S.J.
He gave the school his own brand of discipline. He was particularly gifted in guiding students through his lively group dynamics sessions, which endeared him to many.
|1974 – 1977
1966 – 1968
Fr. Joe D’Abreo. S.J.
The return of the prodigal – Fr. Joe D’Abreo returned with his apt anecdotes and brought back the firm, kind and spotless look to the school.
|1971 – 1974||
Fr. V. Aleu S.J.
A Spaniard with a mastery over Hindi, and a slant for science, extended the school building and equipped it with some of the best laboratory equipment, still in evidence today.
Fr Percy D’Souza S.J.
For one year, Fr. Percy D’Souza with his impeccable English, lifted up the spirits and the academic level of the school!
|1968 – 1970||
Fr. Henry D’Cruza S.J.
Quiet and unassuming; but he kept the family spirit alive in the school.
|1960 – 1966||
Fr Basil Fernandes S.J.
Fr. Jiminez made way for another great teacher and fund raiser … Fr. Basil Fernandes. He looked after the completion of the first phase of building a proper school structure.
|1952 – 1960||
Fr. H Jiminez S.J.
Gifted in planning and constructing, he took over as Principal. He was responsible for the first new building of the School and above all, obtained the official “recognition” from the educational department.
|1951 – 1952||
Fr. Fred Britto S.J.
An experienced teacher and a strict disciplinarian was appointed Principal.
|1949 – 1951||
Fr. Julius Gomes S.J.
The calm and understanding Jesuit, took over as principal.
|1944 – 1949||
Fr. Denzil Keating S.J.
At the Chakala junction, on the Andheri Kurla Road, there existed a small property consisting of an open space, a garage, an out-house kitchen, and two small building structures – one had five rooms and verandah, the other had three rooms and a verandah. This caught the eye of Fr. Denzil Keating s.j. who that very year was appointed parish priest of Holy Family Parish. So with some financial assistance from the church authorities, he bought this property …. and thus was Holy Family School born – in 1944.
Just five class and 80 enthusiastic students! The first Principal was rightly Fr. Keating himself; and the first Headmistress Ms. Maud D’Costa who served the school till 1959. They both struggled to put this small babe on its feet. Maud through her organisational abilities and Fr. Keating through his kind yet firm approach guided this infant school so as to make its mark on the educational map of Bombay.